Monday 29 September 2008

Little Acorn Project Bag

I have been working on this bag for a couple of days now. It seems like ages since I last picked up a crochet hook instead of needles, but I found the pattern on Ravelry and couldn't resist, especially as I had the right kind of yarn in my stash.


It doesn't look quite as good as the picture in the pattern, but that is only to be expected, after all I don't make loads of little creatures like Roman Sock does This lady makes the most gorgeous things, are you surprised that I couldn't resist having a go?

After rescuing some buttons from a very old cardigan that no longer fits (its far too big) I have managed to get the lid on, so the project is complete enough to use for tonight's Knitting Group. I do plan to knit a long strap to wear the bag across my body. That way I can carry the bag at my side without having to use either the table or my lap when I knit or crochet out and about. It will also hopefully fit into my knitting bag when I finally get round to finishing it.

I did consider felting the bag to give it a big more rigidity, but knowing my luck it will felt into the tiniest bag in the known universe, so I think I will stick with it as it is for now, if it bugs me too much I will give it a go.

Now all I have to do it decide what small project to take to the knitting group tonight, hmm..... I feel a new pair of socks calling to me.....Crafty.......come knit meeeeee!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails