Tuesday 19 May 2009

Finished Tank

I have just cast off the last armhole of my Shapely Tank by Joan McGowan-Michael. I am so pleased with the finished product. The short row shaping on the bust is very neat and works a treat.



Over all, the shape of this tank is perfect. For once you can actually see I have a waist. Normally anything that fits my bust and hips, hides my waist.



Even the back looks ok, apart from in this picture because the back rode up when I was fiddling with the camera timer.



But you get the general idea. This project has done so much for my knitting/design confidence. I completely re-wrote the pattern according to my actual measurements and it paid off. I may try and write up the adjustments I made, along with all the measurements I took, so I can use the body shaping as a template for further pattern design.



This was also the first time I picked up the neckline stitches, and it was easier than I thought it would be. I am amazed at how neat it looks with all the finished edges. I may well knit this tank in an other yarn, but with a V-Neck, as that is a more flattering shape for a busty woman (like myself).

Now I have finished this tank I will probably wear it (on cooler days in the Autumn) even though it was only started as an exercise in short row shaping. I am actually very pleased with the finished product and I even find myself liking the yarn, which I used to hate. It's funny how your attitude about yarn and patterns can change when you marry them up in the right way. Maybe I will eventually knit that second tank in the same yarn after all, I probably have enough in the bottomless pit that is my stash. But, for now I have to get my socks finished and carry on with my blanket, but this was definitely a worthwhile side trip, off the planned route through my projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails