Thursday 19 November 2009

New Toy

I am currently up to my eyeballs in stuff for Christmas and tweaking patterns. This means I have very little to share with you. However, here are a couple interesting little pics.




Pic 1. - Gimble



Pic 2. - Gimble Close Up

I have often yearned for a way of being able to knit and read at the same time. I read it was possible, but in my early days of knitting, didn't think I would be able to do it. Now I am more experienced and have big chunks of straight forward knitting that requires very little attention on my part, I began to believe it would be possible for me. The only way I have been able to do this, was by reading a magazine that stays open by itself. Now I have a GIMBLE!!! As you can see in Pic 1, this simple piece of plastic curls around the book and holds it open. You can see how it works more clearly in Pic 2. I can now sit with my book on my lap, as I lie back on the sofa and read and knit at the same time, it feels like a small miracle in my life.



Pic 3 - Business Card Box

I made a little box to put my newly designed business cards in. I am having so much fun with my bright squares of felt. I made this box for the exhibition, which is why it is possible to fold it flat for transport.



Pic 4 - Business Card Box Ties

The box has ties at the side to hold it all together. I really enjoyed this little stitching project and have decided to use the template I made to put together a little tutorial. This will follow in the next week or so. This way you can make one yourself. If you don't have your own cards to display, I think it would be a nice place to store the cards of your contacts.

I hope to have more to show you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails