Thursday 17 June 2010

My Creative Space



This is my creative space today. I am a regular reader of Kootoyou and love the Thursday "My Creative Space" posts. For once I actually have photos of a work in progress to join in with. The little stack of fabric above, is the start of a quilt.



Do you like my new iron? How sad am I that I am excited about it. I bought it with my birthday money from the in-laws. My old iron was bought at a supermarket in 1996 for around £8. It is rubbish. This iron is a Bosch and it is fabulous. My quilt blocks are much neater and quicker now.

The quilt is going to be a Spider's Web quilt and the pattern was in Sew Hip magazine last summer. I loved it so much and desperately wanted to make it that I joined a quilting class. Little did I know that I didn't need the class to make the quilt, though the rotary cutter technique I learned there did help a bit.

I love the fabrics I have picked for this quilt and I desperately want to keep it, but it will go with NOTHING in my house. It may end up being gifted, probably to a young female type person as there is much pink in it. I will enjoy making it though and I'm sure there will be plenty of scraps of the fabric left over to hide in other projects.

This is a long term ongoing project, so you probably won't hear about it again for some time. But when it gets interesting I will let you know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails