Friday 10 September 2010

2nd Blogiversary

I can't believe this has come around again so quickly!  Two years ago today I posted my first entry on my new blog.  I don't think I ever realised how important my blog would become too me or how enmeshed I would feel in a world wide community of bloggers.

As you know, I suffer from chonic pain and don't get out as much as I would like.  My blog has become a gateway to a world I can reach even when I can't make it to the front door.  It started simply as a way to keep notes about my crafts and provide my Mum with an easy way of keeping up with what I was making, from a different county.  Now I have reached readers from as far away as Alaska and Japan.  I will probably never be able to visit those places in the flesh as the plane journey would be too much for me, but at least I know that I am touching those places through the web. 

I love the comments I get on my posts and have found some great friends through regular contact between our blogs.  I know my readership isn't huge, but every reader is treasured and each comment is valued as coming from someone who wants to reach out and connect with me.

To celebrate my 233rd post on my 2nd blogiversary, I would like to offer a little gift of a more tangible nature, than my gratitude.  I have tried to think hard about what to offer and I have come up with a plan that hopefully reflects the nature of my blog.  As a CraftyCripple I have many types of crafts materials scattered around my house and I know that different types of crafter read my blog, so I will let the winner of my giveaway specify the type of prize they wish to get.  The winner can choose ONE from the following:

  1. Knitting Materials:  This will be comprised of at least two skeins of yarn from my stash, and I have some really lovely yarn.
  2. Knitting Prize: I will knit a shawlette, in a pattern to be discussed with the winner, in a sock weight yarn.
  3. Sewing Materials:  This will be comprised of at least 4 fat quarters from my stash, the winner can specify the general colours they are interested in, which I will TRY and match, though I can't guarantee I can achieve this, as my stash isn't that extensive yet.
  4. Sewing Prize:  I will make an Amish Puzzle Ball, in your choice of colours, depending on availability in my stash.
  5. Jewellery Materials:  This will be a selection of beads from my collection.  I'm afraid my collection isn't that big so I can't offer much choice on the colours.  Hopefully I will be able to provide enough to make at least a bracelet or possibly a necklace.
  6. Jewellery Prize: This prize will be a set of earrings and a bracelet to match.  The winner will be invited to select colours from my collection.
I am only offering prizes that can be achieved from my own collection as most of my net worth is invested in crafting materials.  I hope that I can provide the winner with something that they will like and be able to use.   To reflect my love of international blogs I am prepared to post overseas, so you don't have to be in the UK to enter the giveaway.

 I wanted to offer the choice of having something made for the winner as I know, as a crafter, people rarely make me things and it is lovely to receive something hand made.  I also thought that offering a chance to receive something hand made would extend a prize option to people who aren't able to use the raw materials I am offering as a choice for crafters.

To enter the giveaway, please leave  a comment below, specifying which prize you would like to win and I will use the Random Number Generator to choose the winner, after the closing date of Middnight on 17th September 2010.  I will then contact the winner to discuss specific choices.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me, I hope I get to know even more of you over the next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails