Saturday 26 March 2011

I got an Award!

Very exciting isn't it!  I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by A Girl In Winter.

 
Apparently this award was devised to reward bloggers who have less than 300 followers, which I confess I do have.  I like the idea of this award as the blogs with the smaller amounts of followers need new traffic directed towards them.  It is also a way of discovering hidden gems that you would never have come across in another way.  A Girl in Winter has informed me in this post, that you need to nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 300 followers to also receive this award, so I have scoured my feed reader and named:

Countess Ablaze

Useless Beauty

Shutterboo

52 Weeks, 52 Hats

It Might Be A Metaphor

These are all bloggers who make me smile and also inspire me.  I hope if you haven't heard of them before, or A Girl in Winter before, that you check them out.  All 6 bloggers are definitely top people who are really interesting and funny.

With all this talk of bloggers it seems as good a time as any to talk about Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, which starts on Monday 28th March and lasts a full 7 days.


I am joining in this challenge because I think it will push me a little bit more than I'm comfortable with.  I like to actually set myself achievable challenges but ones that nudge me outside my comfort zone.  With blogging, my comfort zone is approximately 2-3 posts a week.  Blogging every day is definitely something extra for me.

The other reason I am joining in with Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, is that I think it is a great way for lots of bloggers to join in something together and to inspire each other.  I know I'm going to discover new blogs during this week, especially as Eskimimi has so cleverly thought up the tagging system.  Essentially is blogger who is joining in will "tag" each post with the label listed in the graphic shown below.  That tag is a unique set of characters that will only be found on a blog post belonging to this shared endeavour.  If you want to find blog posts on each day, all you need to do is go to the search engine of your choice and type in the relevant tag.  All the posts for that tag should then be listed.  Isn't this clever?


So, for example, on Day 1 of Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, I would go to my search engine and type in:

and a list of posts will appear before my eyes.  This is such a clever way of connecting everyone up together, which enables everyone to look at different blogs.

I hope that next week will bring enjoyable blog posts from myself, but I also hope that if you read my blog, you might look out for some other posts written on the same subject.  I'm sure it will be interesting to see different takes on the same subject, from around the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails